Our Board Meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 8:00 a.m. at the chamber office. Members are welcome to come observe.
Our General Membership Meeting is the 2nd Wednesday of every other month at 11:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. The opposite months will be a Business After Hours Event from 5:00-7:00 p.m. The locations vary. Check out our Events Calendar for information on the next luncheon or BAH. All members are welcome!
The Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce exists for the purpose of advancing commercial, industrial, civic and general business success, and the quality of life in the Village of Lansing, Illinois and its trade area.
Our vision is to be recognized as the finest Chamber of Commerce in the Chicagoland area through service, integrity, dependability, dedication and community orientation.
- We will provide guidance to advance the commercial and industrial economic programs throughout the Village of Lansing, Illinois and its trade area.
- We will foster, enhance and promote civic, social and cultural endeavors in the Village of Lansing, Illinois and its trade area.
- We will diligently support a positive business atmosphere for the Village of Lansing, Illinois and its trade area.
- We will consistently work on behalf of the business community to create and maintain an environment conducive to the creation and expansion of businesses within the Village of Lansing, Illinois and its trade area.
- Community Orientation
During a meeting in the Village Hall on June 30th, 1947, 40 merchants from Lansing and Oak Glen (Torrence Avenue section) unanimously voted to establish the organization. After the elections, 108 members and eight officers were elected to the organization, called the Lansing Business Association.
As a Chamber, we provide support not only to our members, but also to our community through events. During its first year in existence, the Chamber of Commerce coordinated the decoration of the Village for the holiday season. Two large Christmas trees were displayed as well as one hundred and ten wreaths throughout the business districts.
Besides focusing on the winter holiday season, the Chamber of Commerce created many popular Lansing events such as the Good Neighbor Day Parade, the Lansing Loop, golf outings, Easter Bunny Breakfast, Breakfast with Santa and many new creative initiatives.
The Chamber of Commerce and its Members also annually sponsor the below listed events. We do so as a way to not only support and promote our local businesses, but to encourage and foster in our community the type of welcoming atmosphere that we all cherish.
- Membership Directory
- Breakfast with Easter Bunny
- Good Neighbor Parade
- Spring Wine Walk
- Annual Golf Outing
- The Loop! - Lansing Out On Pedals Annual Bicycle ride
- Fall Wine Walk
- Breakfast With Santa
- Chamber Web Site